Monday, August 2, 2010

JD - Anti-Social


I don't just check emails, and post rappers. I actually search for dope stuff to post on ABLT. JD is a upcoming rapper from the Cherry Hill section of Baltimore. He's been featured on allbmorehiphop, and Datpiff. I took the chance to listen to his 2009 release Anti-Social. I must say that JD has superstar potential. His stuff reminds me of  an early Beanie Sigel.  The mix-tape also has notable features from local artists you may have heard before including 100 grandman, Smash, Supe and Nummy. Stay tuned to hear new music from him soon!

Take a listen to my favorite joints from his mixtape below:

"Represent" feat Supe and Nummy, "Go Off" feat Nummy, "Hood Shit", "Flight School Freestyle"

It aint nothin like ghetto love
Sometimes I reminisce on how the ghetto was
When my mind was on the music, not selling drugs
Thought my eye was on the future, but it never was 
So here we are now
but on the bright side, I know my niggas all down
and we gon' do it up, until we fall down
them niggas know wassup, they wit it cross town
Nigga it's a struggle everywhere, a jungle everywhere
You do a overnight, or on the humble anywhere
But im from the more, where its a gun on every stair
Nigga once its heavy stares shit can come from anywhere
Man I  swear I wish that i could stay away
Cuz I don't think that I was made to stay
These my niggas from when I was gettin' layaway
So If I go they commin wit me Ima make a way - JD on  "Hood Shit"



No comments: