Tuesday, July 6, 2010

UP CLOSE: W/ Greenspan

Greenspan  is an emcee  that I’ve seen perform plenty of times on the DMV circuit. He’s charismatic with a good flow, and he manages to capture your attention for more than a minute, unlike some of his peers. He’s opened up for acts like Wale, Wiz Khalifa, and The Clipse. True Hip-Hop fans will take notice, when something of substance is in the air. The sequel to his Got Green series,  coming July 12th, is sure to heat up the streets of the DMV and beyond. - Ryan Lyons


Does the name Greenspan, have any relation to Alan Greenspan, ( the chairman for the Federal Reserve)? If so, what’s the inspiration behind that?

Initially, yes. Alan Greenspan is the former chairman of the federal reserve of US.. My company, FEDERAL Reserve Music is based on the concept of 'Economic Self-Interest'... If I'm financially "straight," then I can have the opportunity to invest and/or create opportunities and be a blessing to someone else...
I must say the track “Calling Me” with production from DJ Booman, is a smooth track! Can we expect to hear more like this on Got Green 2?
 
Yes.. I have a few records with that "Groove." That's what I call it... that "Groove!!"
 

You guys went to SWSX last year right? How was that experience?

I went in 2009 and 2010.. 2009 was a life changing experience and it opened my eyes to so much opportunity.


“I don't fabricate anything I sing... That's why you never hear a whole-lot of dope and gun slinging in my music” - Greenspan

What has your life in Baltimore been like?

A learning experience...






Do you plan on going more in depth about your personal life on this mix-tape? Any Feature’s ( production, and artist’s)?

I always go deep into my personal life.  Each song/story is based on personal experiences.  I don't fabricate anything I sing... That's why you never hear a whole-lot of dope and gun slinging in my music...Got Green Vol. 2 has Features from Phil Ade, Karron Johnson, and K Holloway, Production from Live Beats, Mizfitz Soundz, Pretty, and a few guests the intro and breaks.


What does Greenspan do besides rap? Any other hobbies  or interests?


Luv and smile :)

Who do you think has had the most influence on you as an artist? What music do you listen to?


Marvin Gaye, Life and Experience  


We’ve had a lot of emcees, claim to be “Baltimore’s savior”, the “best thing out” etc. Do you have an angle? How are you playing this game?


ummm, No. I just smile :) 


Greenspan  Got Green 2 Trailer from Greenspan Music on Vimeo.




Listen to “Calling Me’” below :

No comments: