Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Young Jeezy: Trap or Die 2



Like it or not, Young Jeezy is a fixture in Hip-Hop. From his trademark adlibs, to his raspy voice he has been luminous within HipHop for quite some time now. I can remember making $6.15 an hour in highschool, and at my job all my co-workers were bumping Jeezy, and Gucci Mane's hit record "So Icey". I hated that song, but I couldn't deny how catchy it was. Me, and a co-worker almost damn near got in a fist-fight because I felt like Jeezy was one of the worst-rappers ever.It felt like a gimmick, between the "Snowman" moniker, and the cheesy metaphors I didn't give Young Jeezy the time of day.Even though his substance has improved, sometimes it's not about how extra "lyrical" an artist is anyway. People understand, and feel Jeezy. They know where he's coming from, and it's that relate-ability that has made him what he is today. Some people are already calling this Trap or Die 2 mixtape an instant classic!



 Download: Trap or Die 2


No comments: