Friday, April 16, 2010

Fathers

Me, and my pop have an OK relationship, It's rocky at times, but I know he has my back. There was a line in  Nas's "Poppa Was A Playa" on the Lost Tapes album, where he said, " A child's young years, the most important time to be there". I realized not to long ago how important it was to have him there as a kid.  From teaching me about basketball, fighting, women, drawing, sneakers, cars. All that stuff. Our relationship got distant when he had to work nights as I got older, but I always remember those times. I grew up with friends that didn't have fathers, or they were absent, and it fucked with them on a deep level. Beanie Sigel's verse on "Where have you been" on The Dynasty album shows how the absence of his father affected him in a great way.

Jay-z Featuring Beanie Sigel "Where have you been"

1 comment:

Peat said...

That's a classic song!