Monday, January 11, 2010

Sir Tizzy - "The Wackness"



When I first was asked to check out Sir Tizzy's mixtape, I was interested because he had a good freestyle session at our first ABLT show. People loved that this seemingly nerdy guy, spoke with such confidence, and actually had some flow. I often see him on Morgan State University campus freestyling in various cyphers. One thing is evident, he really loves his craft. I must admit I was taken back by the title of the mixtape "The Wackness".But the mixtape is actually filled with things of the opposite. The selection of beats were really great,and when I got to stand-out joints on the mix like "The Entrance" , and "Life's Directory" ,and "Let Me In" he made me nod my head. He even takes the chance to re-hash one of my favorites by Queen Latifah " Just Another Day". Some of the beats were actually done by Iron of the Tempo-tantrum (Owner of Status Apparatus Clothing). Check out this kid, and Open your heart and mind on:

http://sirtizzy.bandcamp.com/

No comments: