Tuesday, October 20, 2009

"Tetris" Interview - Trey R.

After Trey R. killed his show at Red Maple, I decided to ask him some questions, and get him to reveal some of his history, and what his future plans are.

So , state your name, and your intent within this music game.


I go by the name of Trey.R and i plan on being a MAJOR artist...you know on a world wide basis.

Do you feel you have something different to offer to hip hop, if so explain?


Of Course, I think we all have something different which set's us apart from each other. The thing that stands out with me and my music is the fact that I'm giving you a lot more than other artist, Meaning i have no boundaries. I'm comfortable enough with myself to let my listeners hear my struggles. Growing up i always was one to observe things in my community. Seeing how fucked up life was as a youth i decided to use Hip-Hop as a platform to escape the struggles growing up in Baltimore,MD. That alone sets me apart, see where I am from I'm lucky to even be having this interview right now ya know.

Who were your favorite influences non-rap growing up?


Non-rap, ..EASY.(laughs) I'm a big Incubus fan. Morning View is one of my favorite albums. As a youth I listened to more rock then Hip-Hop. Along with Incubus..Blink 182, GreenDay, N.E.R.D., Linkin Park, ColdPlay and Gym Class Heroes.

What can we expect to hear from your upcoming mixtape Tetris?


GOOD MUSIC. With Tetris being my 1st mixtape a lot of u don't know what to expect. All I can say is 10.27.09 will a great day in bmore history.

Has Baltimore influenced your style at all?


I think so. I was born and raised here man. I grew up on club music so I'm big on that. Fashion wise, Baltimore is big on Nike's. That's all I rock man (laughs). I think that my environment has helped a lot in creating a blueprint for my music. I base a lot of my songs around my life. Being from Baltimore all my life, i think it gives u a certain feel to it.

What do you feel about the Baltimore hip hop scene?


It's in progress. I honestly see Baltimore on the rise as far as Hip Hop is concerned. We have so many great artist here.

If you had one wish, what would it be, and why?


Man i just wanna get my voice heard. that's all.


Tetris will be released on 10.27.09 via www.Abmorelovethang.com, and other major blogsites. Support your local talent!! Applause for Trey R. - Ryan L.

2 comments:

Ian M. said...

I'd love to see the photos from last night's show.

A Baltimore Love Thing said...

They will defintley be up soon.